Monday, February 9, 2009

Photo by Maddie Hagan



Maddie is my 14 year old daughter who is just incredibly talented. She took this really great photo of Axie while she was babysitting one night.

The following is a short IM conversation about the photo:

J:Hey

M:hi!

J:What are you up to sweetie?

M:nothing just editing my facebook. I got up to 197 or 198 i think

J:Did you add Matthew yet?

M:not yet. Need to add him

J:199!!

J::Okay

M:okay

J:So I wanted to put your photo of Axie on the blog and wanted to have a short interview with the photographer to go along with it. Are you up for that?

M:hahaha

M:ok sure

M:but if i dont like it will you still put it up?

J:You can edit it if you reeeeally want to but you'll do fine

M:arighty then

J:So first off. Tell everyone who you are, how old you are, and how long you have been taking pictures

M:well, Im 14, and Im your daughter and I guess I was taking pictures when I was little but I only recently got into photography because Im taking a class in school

J:What class is that?

M:a photography class, with ms.manz

J:So was the photo of Axie for that class?

M:no, I was just baby sitting her one day and had my camera

J:What kind of camera did you shoot it with?

M:a cannon G9

J:cool

J:Tell me a little bit about how you took the photo, why, and what's going on in the photo.

M:so when I took the photo i was crouched down next to the table and the camera was level with table so that i could get the rolled up paper at on the table at the bottom
I took it because I thought that the lighting was good and because I liked the fact that she was painting her hands and not the actual painting. I thought it showed how carefree you are when you are young

J:The picture really shows that. Its really beautiful. Its such a sweet little moment. She looks like she was really into painting her hands.

M:thanks, dad. and she was she did all these layers of paint and used all these colors.

J:did you show her the photo?

M:no actually, she was very into it and i didn't want to disturb her

J:haha. cool. Yeah, you dont really want to disturb those kinds of moments huh?

M:yeah, it would be hard to break that kind of concentration

J:Well, thanks for sharing your insight chica. What's next for photographer Maddie Hagan. You going to be covering any of the conflict on the middle east?

M:no haha, maybe some pictures of tipper if I'm lucky

J:Awesome. Hey, thanks for those delicious cupcakes!

M:Your welcome! did you love the hagan family recipe icing?

J:That icing is dangerous! So tasty. Is there anything else that you would like to share with the 3 people who look at your dads blog?

M:haha no. And I think that there are more people that look at your blog than you think.

M:i have 199 friends on facebook!!!!!!

J:Yay!

J:1 more and you are IN THERE!

M:i just got noras aunt who i almost barfed on and Haley Froeb

J:okay, Im going to call you now. I love you.

M:Love you too.

6 comments:

Marshall Fletcher said...

coooooooooooollll!!!! Great photo, Maddie! makin ya daddy proud!

I love the light on her face and the dark in the back.

Benjamin Baxley said...

Fantastic photo Maddie. Keep shooting and keep your lens clean!

Matt McLoone said...

Thats a really great shot. Keep at it!

Matt McLoone said...

Great interview by the way!

Unknown said...

I love the photo, and the interview. that perfect glowing spot of light is so beautiful.
and my comment is proof that more than 3 people read your blog.

www.AllisonJoyce.com said...

oh that's too cute